The brand Berndorf – A historical overview

   
                  
   
          
    3.100 employees
   
2016
 - AFC-Holcroft LLC/USA, stoba Precizni Technika s.r.o. / CZ
- American Spring Wire Corp. / USA (Joint Venture)
- Acquisition of the business segment of textured steel belts and press plates from Sandvik for Berndorf Band / AUT and Hueck Group / GER
   
 2014 Acquisitions of Venturetec Mechatronics
   
   2.500 employees
   
 2012 Acquisitions of Bosio
   
 2011 Participation in stoba Präzisionstechnik
   
 2008 New Board of Directors at Berndorf AG
   

 
 2007 Acquisitions of HASCO, SAFED and Rheinische Press Pad
   
 2006 Joint venture of Lumpi-Berndorf Draht- und Seilwerk
   
 2005 Capital increase of Schoeller-Bleckmann and reduction of shares to 31%
   
 1999 Cooperation between Berndorf Band and Hueck Engraving
   
 1997 Acquisition of Aichelin, flotation of Schoeller-Bleckmann on EASDAQ in Brussels, Participation in Joh. Pengg
   
 1995 Acquisition of Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment (SBO)
   
 1994 Participation in PC Electric



 1991 Participation in Silica Verfahrenstechnik
   
   


           Berndorf AG
   
 1988
 Management buy-out by nine-member management team around Norbert Zimmermann
   

   
 1984 Berndorf is outsourced from VMW
   
 1957 Merger with the Ranshofen aluminium plant to form Vereinigte Metallwerke Ranshofen-Berndorf
   
 1945 Company under Soviet administration, removal of all machinery
   
 1938 The Essener Krupp-Group get new owner
   
 1913 Conversion to a corporation
   
 1910 4.000 employees
   
 1900 Global market leader for tableware, approximately 3,000 employees



 1874 First company in Austria using electricity



 1844 Hermann Krupp gets technical manager



 1843 Alfred Krupp and Alexander Schoeller found Berndorfer Metallwerke